What is livestock insurance?
Livestock insurance is a type of insurance, when the livestock is insured against communicable and noncummunicable diseases, as well as fire, natural disasters, theft, malicious acts of the third persons, and other risks.
Why is it worth choosing ERGO services to insure livestock?
- You receive full and reliable coverage;
- In case of minor damage, the administration of the insured events is very simple – all you have to do is to present the information corroborating the insured event and amount of damage;
- The damage suffered is indemnified both in case of death and forced slaughter (in case of communicable diseases – by indication of the State Food and Veterinary Service, in other cases – by indication of the veterinary surgeon, if further keeping of the animal can cause unnecessary suffering of the animal and treatment is not purposeful).
What are the livestock insurance options?
- Insurance against communicable diseases and fire;
- Insurance against all selected risks.
You can additionally choose:
When insuring pigs and birds
- You can choose the animal asphyxia risk (caused by discontinuity of electric power supply, breakdown of ventilation system);
- You can get additional insurance of expenses for clearing the utilization and insured event’s location – this insurance is especially beneficial with a view to incur minimum losses in case of major damage.
What else you should know about the livestock insurance?
Where insuring the livestock, the economic entities can lay claims to the partial compensation of insurance premiums as per applicable Rules of partial compensation of insurance premiums. By these rules, if the economic entity is a small-sized or medium-sized company and has a separate insurance policy of optional insurance coverage of livestock, belonging to them by the title of ownership (cows, bulls, oxen, calves, heifers), against diseases (physical, chemical effect, and effect of natural forces, such as thunderstorm, hail, lightning, excess rainfall, twister, overflow, flood, landslide, slump, temperature fluctuation, and other forces, are not attributed to the diseases), it is entitled to compensation of 30% of insurance premium. Compensation of insurance premium is calculated for the coverage, which is estimated in accordance with the Standard prices of biological property and agricultural production for 2009, approved by the Minister of Agriculture.